"https://nothing2wearnovello.com/" nothing 2 wear : To Buy Or Not To Buy?

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

To Buy Or Not To Buy?

Today I would like to discuss a moral fashion dilemma some of us have from time to time, whether or not we should drop $700 on a pair of pumps simply because they are crafted by a genius designer and made of fine fabrics? I will admit I may have phrased that in a way that would persuade you to side with going ahead with the purchase, but I just couldn't help myself. 

Please feast your eyes on Exhibit A
Manolo Blahnik Pump
These are the Manolo Blahnik BB Fabric Watercolor Pumps. I am not sure what BB stands for but I can only assume "Bloody Brilliant" (if you're British), "Bogus n Bitchin (if you're hip and cool), or perhaps "Bold & Beautiful" (not the soap opera).
Manolo Blahnik Pump
I truly believe a pair of silk watercolor pumps are the perfect addition to any wardrobe. The only issue is the price tag, at $645 before tax and shipping these babies are an investment piece no doubt. 

Now take a look at Exhibit B
http://www.shopbop.com/dina-watercolor-print-pump-alice/vp/v=1/1593758908.htm?folderID=2534374302112441&fm=other-shopbysize&colorId=10917

These are the Alice + Olivia Dina Watercolor Pumps. Available via Shopbop and at a fraction of the price they are also super cute, no? They can produce the exact same look we were going for with the Manolo's and also look slightly more comfortable. Coming in at $295 they are an average priced pump and a great addition to any summer wardrobe. 
http://www.shopbop.com/dina-watercolor-print-pump-alice/vp/v=1/1593758908.htm?folderID=2534374302112441&fm=other-shopbysize&colorId=10917

So what do you think? Its the age old question, splurge or steal? Let me know what you think, and also if you like my cheapo + expensiveo (yes a word I just made up) comparison and want me to make it a regular on my blog. 

Happy shopping!

5 comments:

  1. Price aside, I just like the Alice and Olivia ones better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ι prefer the Manolos!! Love the colors and I thins they would be really easy to wear with almost everyhting!

    Eirini
    www.fashionreactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point. Once a splurge like this is ok. Repeated offences? You better be wealthy and have the rest of your life in order or your priorities are messed up- you can find fashion for less than two weeks worth of after tax income.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. another good point, you best have some float and cash lying around if you're spending this much on shoes, otherwise depression and buyers remorse will set in. But they're just so pretty :( if only they were $500 cheaper

      Delete
  4. of course to buy, the first model are amazing, I just follow your interesting blog, I hope you follow mine if you like it

    We have an interesting giveaway!
    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete