"https://nothing2wearnovello.com/" nothing 2 wear : The Round Up: Saturday September 21st, 2013

Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Round Up: Saturday September 21st, 2013

sephora eaton center
Sephora; I DARE you to walk out without at least 2 items...



(Yes, this week's round up is coming in on a Saturday, just because. )

This week I'm having a beauty moment, partially because last week I visited the Sephora location in Toronto Eaton Center, and its pretty damn impressive.  Although the revamped store has been open for almost a year now it never ceases to impress me. 

Just so you know, this was Canada's first Sephora location, the revamped loca is an impressive 8,941 square feet of beauty space, featuring a lash bar, one-on-one make up education, and nail bar. Not to mention thousands of makeup, hair and fragrance beauty product. 

This week I want to share the top 3 things I always find the time to venture over to a Sephora location for. 

1. make up brushes: I always buy my make up brushes at Sephora for a few reasons. Firstly, they have a selection of different brands so there are different price point options. Secondly, they are conscious of travel and storage, including sets that fold up neatly, can be packed away in a suitcase and in any size medicine cabinet.  And they are cute! They have brush sets for specific tasks, such as smoky eye, face,  antibacterial and airbrush. I find the Sephora brand to do a great job, and the price is very reasonable. 
make up brush
The Sephora Collection Two Tone Portfolio Brush Set is the best bang for your buck. The set includes:blush brush, powder/complexion brush, eye shadow blending brush, eye shadow detail brush, concealer brush, and a retractable lip brush for $44.00
brush cleaner
I would also pick up the  Daily Brush Cleaner, for obvious reasons. Do I really need to remind you to clean your make up brushes? 

2. nail polish: dont even get me started on nail polish and nail art and embellishments. I'm on the Sephora site at least 5 times weekly checking out the outrageous products they sell. Its impossible to choose just 1 shade of polish, and one brand, from their MASSIVE collection. Sephora happens to carry all my favorite brands , so I definitely take my time when I'm in there checking out the polishes. 
sephora nail polish
Pictured above are: Illamasqua Speckled Nail Varnish in Freckle,  Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Big Smoke Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer Skimmer in  Bitches Brew- Mulberry, and Ciate Paints Pots in Heirloom

3. good shampoo: My hair may be 3 inches long but I still make sure to use quality shampoo to ensure its shiny, free of residue and strong. As much as I like saving a buck or two when I can (to spend later on Pumpkin Spice Latte's of course) I don't believe in going cheap-o on shampoo.  I look for shampoo's that are sulfate free, and have a moisturizing and purifying element. 
carol's daughter shampoo
Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Clarifying Sulfate-Free Shampoo is exactly that, and bonus points for smelling like sublime. 
phyto shampoo

I've talked about Phyto before, their hair products contain plants more and botanical ingredients than  you could ever imagine. Including  but not exclusive to: orange blossoms, shea butter, lotus flower and rosemary. Actually, 700 plants are found in their collection. 700!! This explains that intoxicating scent you get a whiff of every time you simply open the bottle of Phyto shampoo. Their products also exclude parabens, formaldehyde, petrochemicals, silicones, and synthetic compounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment