"https://nothing2wearnovello.com/" nothing 2 wear : How To: Winterize Your Wardrobe

Saturday, November 9, 2013

How To: Winterize Your Wardrobe


Yeah that's right, its a Winter Accessory Wonderland Collaging for Beginners. Just kidding, no collaging. Just hats, gloves and earmuffs. Lets discuss.



If you're going to hide your nail art for the next 5 months you better make it count! Lets talk gloves, and other winter accessories, yaaaaaaay!!


Listen folks, I am going to be blunt here, it snowed yesterday just north of Toronto. Winter is well on its way, and I am not one of those girls who walks around in the cold without a hat because I'm afraid of messing up my hair. I actually don't comb my hair, and thus don't care how it looks, so the jokes on you. HA! I am usually found fully decked out with a knit hat + ear muffs and sometimes even two pairs of gloves. Are you surprised? This self proclaimed queen of accessory hoarding wears every winter adornment known to man. 


If you're typically not the type to wear a toque, and you buy your thin pathetic cotton gloves at Walmart, let me suggest you turn over a new leaf this winter, or a new snowball...cause the leaves will all be dead by then, dead!


Winter tends to be the most expensive season because everything made to keep us warm and dry usually costs and arm and a leg. If you're unwilling to loose those very limbs to frost bite I am assuming you own a warm coat and a good pair of boots. But its not practical to replace these investment pieces every year, who can afford that? Not me, so my usual tactic is to buy new accessories to achieve a new, updated, on trend look every winter. 

The usual suspects include: gloves, earmuffs, scarves, and hats, duh!

GLOVES - There are infinite possibilities in the glove department so you'll need to figure out if you want wool, leather, cashmere, mittens, driving gloves, or texting gloves. YES, that's are a real thing. Juicy Couture's Texting Gloves are designed so the thumb and index finger are significantly thinner than the rest of the glove, so you can text and still use touch screen phones. A perfect holiday gift for the Tween in your life? I think so. 
gloves



HATS -The beanie was really popular last year, like way too popular. As a result I avoided wearing one at all costs. This winter I am still a bit weary, I don't want to appear to have jumped on the beanie toque band wagon one year too late, therefore I am looking to other alternatives to keep my lid warm. P.S Veil hat, you will be mine!!
hats


SCARVES - I'm scarf obsessed. I own way too many to even be in the market for a new one this winter, so this collage is purely selfless, don't say I never do anything for you.
scarf
OTHER - Don't you just hate the super vague term "other"? I know, me too, but that didn't stop me from using it to define: headbands, earmuffs and hair accessories and coffee tumblers. I included the amazing Starbucks and Alice + Olivia collaboration tumbler because a warm drink on a cold day in a fashionable mug is always a good idea. 
earmuffs

No comments:

Post a Comment