"https://nothing2wearnovello.com/" nothing 2 wear : Fashion Week Highlight Day 3: Joe Fresh

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fashion Week Highlight Day 3: Joe Fresh


joe fresh runway










World MasterCard Fashion Week Day 3: Joe Fresh












Day 2 Highlight: Joe Fresh

The Joe Fresh runway show is always a highlight for me, and I am not the only one who feels this way. The show is always one of the main headliners of fashion week. It boasts infectious and upbeat music, a sold out crowd with a buzzing vibe, and of course look after look of colorful, playful, and WEARABLE clothes.

Living up to the hype Joe somehow managed to have us suffering Canadians looking forward to next winter, even thought we are still in the midst of one of the worst winters we can recall. Now that's an impressive presentation! The #FreshExpidition collection combined faux fur, fleece and wool, together in unexpected proportions. Invoking visions of what I would wear if I were sitting by the fire at a cottage tucked away in the woods on a snowy evening, and I of course wanted to remain stylish.

Aside from the warm and fuzzy feelings my other favorite parts of any Joe show is knowing I could pluck an entire look off the runway and be able to 1. afford it all 2. fit into it without fussing 3. be on trend.

The reality of my wardrobe is that 90% of my outfits incorporate at least one item from Joe Fresh. Whether I'm at work, walking my dogs, having dinner with friends or even attending fashion week, there's always a piece from Joe to throw on to complete any look.

This collection was no exception. Three of my favorite looks, which are head to toe looks I NEED to get my hands on asap, are below.

Now, I apologize in advance, but I cant review this show without mentioning The Selfie Song. Reason for the apology is simply, once you hear this song you wont be able to get it out of your head. Although its a bit mind numbing and not exactly a "classic" this song set the tone for the fun, upbeat show and had the whole audience laughing and cheering. You can check it out for yourself at the end of this post.

In the mean time here are some other looks from the inspiring collection.
 
olive green coat

world mastercard fashion week

faux fur vest

joe womens collection
check suit

george pimentel

fall winter joe fresh

grey wool coat

fall winter 2014
Images by George Pimentel 

But first....lemme take a #SELFIE

No comments:

Post a Comment