"https://nothing2wearnovello.com/" nothing 2 wear : Spring In My Step

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Spring In My Step

Okay, today is Valentines Day, which in my books means its pretty much no longer Valentines Day, cause lets face it, if you haven't already planned a grand romantic gesture, or picked up a gift for your sweety then don't even bother, just move right along. And what better topic to move along to then spring, if you didn't hear, that smart little ground hog has predicted an early spring, and it was only -10 today here in Toronto, sooo I am feeling pretty optimistic that sunny skies and green grass are not too far away. What better way to prep for a Sunday afternoon frolic through the park then with a spring shoe post! Look no further, these are my top picks for Spring 2013. 

Not shockingly these are all from Net-a-porter (yes I have an addiction)  

(Clockwise)1. Charlotte Olympia 2. Cherry's By RED Valentino 3. Silver Miu Miu's 4. Orange Alexander McQueen 5. Black and White Stripe Marc by Marc Jacobs Mice 6. Multi Colour Mark Jacobs 7. Charles Philip Shanghai
I have a love for flats, I have collected so many and have learned the hard way which ones are wildly uncomfortable * ahem, Tory Burch gold logo flats * I'm sorry, I have a leather purple pair but I cant wear them for longer then 10 minuets no word of a lie. I'd love to add a few of these to my collection this spring, and I am thinking of starting with the silver Miu Miu's. 

Next up, my top sandal picks. I must admit, I have so many pairs of sandals most of these picks are pretty impractical. But, the reason why I love spring and summer so much is because that is the time when I am most creative with my shoe choices. After having my foot in a boot all winter with socks (omg omg ew ew socks) I live for these fun, colourful strappy numbers. My favourite out of all of these below are the Sophia Webster multi-strap, I mean LOOK at that heel! Ugh...

(Clockwise) 1. Sophia Webster 2. Chloe 3. Brian Atwood  4. Marc by Mac Jacobs 5. Marni 
It's been a very snowy, and very chilly winter over here in Toronto, and I cant wait to get my pedicured toes into these sandals. Typically I plan out my spring and summer wardrobe from February, I have made my resolution back in January to officially stop purchasing anything winter related and I have already began to save up and stock up on fun spring items. I think that's the best way to do it, its helps you budget accordingly for big ticket items and by the time spring rolls around you have a new wardrobe of fun, light, colourful spring outfits to enjoy.  

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm I love smoking slippers! Excellent picks.

    Nicole
    www.younglovestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete