"https://nothing2wearnovello.com/" nothing 2 wear : Toronto Happenings: Toronto International Film Festival

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Toronto Happenings: Toronto International Film Festival


maps to the stars
This week I went to the movies with a bunch of A-List celebs, what have you been up to?

 ootd TIFF

Before I say anything you should know, I adore red carpet style and my only interest in awards season is to watch, research, gawk at and take note of what the top style stars (and their stylists) have chosen for them to wear to mark the occasion. I cant say I am star struck or a celeb stalker, my interest is not in what the stars are up to, who they are dating, whether they are sporting a baby bump or how much their new estate is worth. But give me images and stories on what and WHO they wore and who their stylist is and I am over the moon.

Having said that, earlier this week I attended the North American premier of Maps To The Stars, thanks to Fashion Outlets Niagara, who hooked me and hubby up with two priority seats to the star-studded event. This wasn't my first TIFF outing but it was my first premier screening of a film that boasts a Hollywood A-List cast and has been generating Oscar buzz thanks to its lead actress, Juliane Moore. 

Moore's performance is so strong (in a scary and shocking kinda way) that it already earned her the best actress prize at Cannes this past spring, where the film was first screened. After seeing the film and the stunning actress in person last night I am routing for her to bring home some hardware this year, such as a much deserved Oscar, which she has been nominated for several times but unfortunately has not been able to nab. This is the kind of film you don't forget, it has been receiving a ton of press and was heavily hyped up for the TIFF premier for a reason. The acting is on point and the script is like nothing you've ever seen before. But for me it was all about what the stars were wearing.

Moore has been a style star all year, and I have been following along. Early this week at TIFF she sported a white Chanel dress that perfectly flattered her and was a great prelude to the gown she wore Tuesday night for the Maps To The Stars screening. At Cannes she wowed fashion critics with the feathery Chanel number pictured below. 
Chanel gown Cannes
Wearing Chanel at Cannes

Juliane Moore Chanel
Wearing Chanel at TIFF
Tuesday she wore a gorgeous Grecian-inspired gown by Giambattista Valli Couture
TIFF celeb sightings
The staring cast on stage before the film
Juliane Moore after walking the red carpet
If film festival season is any indication than we are in for some fun when awards season starts soon. I predict she will continue to wow us and hopefully will pick up some hardware while shes at it!

I was grateful for this opportunity to be a part of the North American premier of such a brilliant film. Thank you again to Fashion Outlets Niagara for the evening out.  

In fact the outlets have been on my mind a lot lately as I search for cute baby clothes and desperately need a wardrobe update due to my lack of maternity clothing options here in Toronto, as mentioned here.  I believe a trip across the boarder is in order and its the perfect time as they are expanding this fall to include Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th Outlet, Burberry, J.Crew, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, Nike Factory Store, Vera Bradley, Kenneth Cole, Steve Madden and others. I doubt I will have a had time finding cute maternity clothing for my third trimester in a mall approximately 700,00 square feet in size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment